Procedure of Khula for Overseas Pakistani Women

If you are a woman and you are sick and tired of your husband maltreatment then under Pakistan law you have a right to dissolve the marriage on the basis of khula.

In case women reside in a foreign country and she doesn’t want to appear before the court to get khula. Then she has to follow these steps;

She will execute a legal document called special power of attorney.

In this document, she will nominate a person who will file a case in the family court on her behalf and appear before the union council.

Pakistan High Commission of her country of stay will attest to this document and sent it to the foreign office situated in Pakistan.Once the foreign office receives the legal papers, it will counter attest them after the realization of the prescribed fee.

The person appointed in the attorney will only be authorized to appear personally before the foreign office to get the procedure done.The person nominated will hire a lawyer in the district where the women last resided.

A formal family suit will be filed. The written statement of husband received or not just on the statement of wife the court will announce the decree of dissolution of marriage on the basis of Khula.

Once the court issues the attested copy of the decree of Khula, the nominated person will initiate proceedings before the concerned union council where the marriage took place.

The union council will take 90 days to complete their procedure and will issue a divorce certificate to the overseas wife.

This is the complete divorce and khula procedure for overseas Pakistani. If you have any questions ask us.

If you want to start legal proceedings then contact us. Calls & Whatts app: +923002151013